SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
WHO WE ARE
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide when you submit information to us (e.g., when entering the Teen Talent Showcase), such as your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password.
- Transaction information you provide when you make a donation, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information.
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, or connect with our wireless Internet access services and other similar technologies, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- We collect information you provide to us when you participate in contests and other activities on our sites and applications, respond to surveys, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices. You may provide information in a variety of ways, including by typing or using voice commands.
- We collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and tags, including when you visit our site using one or more devices, whether or not you are logged in or registered.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY A BRIGHTER DAY
- Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Communicate with you about your account or interactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- Send you news and updates.
- Personalize email content.
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using survey research and analytics tools.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION BY OTHER ENTITIES
We will not share your personal information with a third party outside of A Brighter Day except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you direct us to share your personal information with another company to fulfill your request, such as:
- When you register for a silent auction event that includes goods or services provided by third-party partners, such as wineries, third-party hotels, and restaurants; and
- When you submit your entry for the Teen Talent Showcase through a file hosting service.
- When you direct us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company in the above circumstances, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your A Brighter Day account.
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts.
- Choosing whether to receive from us promotions for our services.
- Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s), for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads.
- Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain services or notices to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA SECURITY, INTEGRATION, AND RETENTION
Any questions or concerns?
Please contact us at email@example.com.